Welcome to our revisited journey to the most spectacular and less accessible part of North Vietnam. True to our philosophy, at Journeys to the East we have spent months to explore new areas and visiting old favorites. We are a team of enthusiasts, traveling extensively in Vietnam and are passionate about it.
Drawing on our on-ground knowledge, we aim to advise and guide you, so that you can make the right decisions about your journey, breaking up long driving time on mountainous winding roads and avoiding the well-trodden tourist trail, to ensure your travel experience will be personal and unique.
We will go to any length to turn basic and primitive accommodation into charming and comfortable sleeping arrangement without loosing its original character keeping close to its traditional architectural features.
With its innumerable towering peaks, serrated ridges and craterous valleys, Ha Giang, exhibits the country’s most spectacular mountain scenery. Arrive during spring then you can sink in the melody of pipe instrument which is called Khe, in the songs of the festival time, and in the flowers and leaves as well as the birds songs chattering and enjoy a bowl of new sweet colorful glutinous rice.
Autumn/Christmas/New Year Holiday: November-January
Flowers season: end of February to March
Harvesting season: 2 seasons in the valley ( June / September-October) - one season in the higher mountain area of Dong van plateau ( September-October)
- Arrive in Hanoi and meander through its narrow, colorful streets, named after the area’s old guilds.
- Soaked in the colorful markets of Meo Vac, Hagiang
- Bike through exotic villages and meet the locals.
- Sharing the local meals and special wine
- Stay at ” Indigo Blue Homestay “ where owners welcome you in their Tay tribe 2-storey stilt house with wooden floor, its original fire place middle in the room The home has been re-decorated and enhanced by Journeys to the East – Double beds and single beds with soft mattresses and fine linen are nicely arranged replacing bedding on the floor - a spa room is also available for herbal massage and facials offering you comfort and style without losing its authenticity and warmth. As the stilt house cannot accommodate ensuite bathrooms without changing its original structure, toilets and showers are on the ground floor.
- Try your hand in a weaving village.
- Departure via Hanoi
- Duration: 10days/9nights
- Visa administration fee
- Daily tour excursion with guide
- 3 meals/day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Accommodation at 4* hotels and resorts
- Air-conditioned vehicles for all transportations
Booking validity: 30 days in advance