Tet, or Vietnamese New Year, is the most important celebration in Vietnamese culture. Tet celebrates the arrival of spring. Vietnamese Customs and Traditions are deeply rooted in the celebration of Tet, however each region and religion has its own customs. The preparation of Tet begins one or or two weeks before the actual celebration to honor the Kitchen Gods.
With the lunar New Year falling on January 28, let Journeys to the East plan an extraordinary adventure that will see you ring in 2017 with the locals. Let their story become part of your story. And deliver on your new year’s resolution to give yourself a journey to remember.
- Arrive in Hanoi and be absorbed into the frenetic fold of the bustling Old Quarter, also known as “36 Old Streets” and markets.
- Mingle with the local in their Tet preparation.
- Visit the cherry blossom and kumquat flower gardens
- Participate in the rice cake making in a family.
- Celebrate New Year with locals
Finish your journey biking in the lush tribal villages of ethnic minority groups in the Valley of Mai Chau - a scenic3- hour drive from Hanoi. Or you will then be taken by private car to Ha Giang and lead you off the main road to enter into the remote village of Tay tribes – surrounded by green terraced rice fields. There you will be warmly welcomed by the owners of the Indigo Blue homestay in their 2-story stilt house with wooden floor and original fireplace
- Departure via Hanoi
- Duration: 10days/9nights
- Visa administration fee
- Daily tour excursion with guide
- 3 meals/day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Accommodation at 4* hotels and resorts
- Air-conditioned vehicles for all transportations
Booking validity:15 days in advance